I just wanted to remind everyone that it is everyone’s job to recruit a new member. The only way we grow is to keep recruiting. If you have a friend who might be interested please ask him to come check us out. Give him some information, there are pamphlets in the back of the church. Send them to this website or the Supreme Website, www.kofc.org. We are planning to have a 1st degree ceremony in December. We will be having some recruitment sessions in October and November. If you need a form 100 please let me know and I will get it to you or to your friend.
This is the normal process:
- Someone asks the gentleman if he is interested
- Have them fill out a form 100
- The form 100 is read at a general meeting. The person sponsoring them says a little something about them. Most of the time we accept the new applicant, but this would be the time to bring up any things that might preclude someone from joining.
- Remember the Knights is open to practical Catholics 18 and over. If you are not a male, over 18 and a practical Catholic, then you will need to wait until you are.
- Once an applicant is approved then we invite them to a 1st degree. This is the ceremony where they become new Knights.
- If there is enough interest, we may hold an open house where we invited eligible men to join us to learn more about the Knights.
- Before attending the 1st degree the applicant/candidate will need to be interviewed. This can be arranged by the officers at the convenience of the candidate. Normally we do this before/after officer’s meetings or general meetings.
It all starts with asking the question, “Do you know who the Knights of Columbus are?” I did not include numbers on these steps because some times they happen in different order.
If you have any questions regarding membership you can reach me via email at email@example.com or my cell phone is 210-725-9502.
Carlos T Medina PGK