My Brother Knights All,
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia and the Office of Special Projects has requested help from the Knights of Columbus to serve as USHERS for the Chrism Mass during this Year of the Priest on Holy Thursday, April 21, 2011, at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Philadelphia.
As USHERS our responsibilities will be
- To assist those who come to the Mass as to where they may sit, where the restrooms are, where the Priests may vest, where they may drop off their oils for pick-up after Mass, to direct Priests and invited guests as to where their luncheon will be served after Mass as well as anything else that may come up at the last minute.
- Handing out Mass booklets
- Maintaining Reverence and Order during the Mass
There will be no monetary collection held.
The entrance of the clergy will begin at 9:40 AM and Mass will begin at 10:00 AM with his Eminence, Justin Cardinal Rigali, the main celebrant
To identify us as members of the Knights of Columbus the dress code will be as follows
- If you have your regalia you may bring it
- If you have just a tuxedo you may wear it along with your social baldric
- If you are member of the Order who does not have regalia or a tuxedo a coat and tie will be required (Badges will be made available thru the Archdiocese to identify you as a K of C member if you don’t have a Council or Assembly badge)
Note: During the procession of the clergy there will be a very limited number of members asked to take part in an abbreviated walk. During the recessional everyone will take part escorting the clergy back to the vesting room.
There are two requests I will ask of you. You must arrive at the Cathedral on Thursday, April 21st, no later than 8:30 AM and you must be available for a practice session to be decided at a later date.
This is open to any Knight of Columbus member in the PA East Region. I’m looking for 20-25 brothers to help out. If you would like to volunteer your time to help in this special Mass, please respond to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me at my home number 610-692-6834, no later than Thursday, April 14th.
SK Gordon A. Jefferes, PGK, PFN, FDD, FSA
Master PA East District – Calvert Province